5 years Vietnam Visa ExemptionGuide & Tips
Who is eligible for 5 years Vietnam Visa Exemption?
5 years Vietnam Visa Exemption in Vietnam (also called a 5 years visa) is granted to a Vietnamese who is overseas without a Vietnamese passport, Foreigners are spouses, children of Vietnamese citizens and Overseas Vietnamese.
This Visa Exemption is like a long – term visa, and the person granted permission to enter Vietnam at any time within five years.
- These visa-free papers shall be the longest 5 years and shorter than the time limit for passport or residence papers of the foreign country 06 months. Therefore, if your passport or Green card is less than five years, the visa duration will not be five years.
- Within the granted visa term, the person who is granted this paper shall not apply for a visa to enter Vietnam again.
- People entering Vietnam with visa exemption paper shall not exceed 180 days for each entry, if any need to stay over 180 days, are guaranteed and have plausible reasons, and shall be considered for extension of the temporary residence.
Procedures for 5 years Vietnam Visa Exemption
To apply for Vietnamese visa-free for 5 years, applicants need to comply with the following two steps:
Step 1: Prepare the document
Application for visa exemption 5 years depending on the applicant, including:
- Overseas Vietnamese without Vietnamese passports;
- Foreigners are spouses, children of Vietnamese citizens or overseas Vietnamese.
For Overseas Vietnamese (also known as Viet Kieu)
For Visa 5 years, applicants need to prepare:
- 01 declaration: applicants for visa exemption shall be declared and printed.
- Foreign passport: Produce (or send) an original, submit 01 copy to save the file. The passport must be at least 12 months, but it should be 5 years for a 5-years visa.
- Two (02) new photos, 4cmx6cm (or 2inchesx2inches), white background, straight – face, non – glasses, no hat) 01 photo sticked and 01 photo attached to the declaration.
- Papers proving that the Vietnamese residing abroad: produce (or send) originals and submit 01 copy of following documents:
+ Birth certificate;
+ Certificate of Vietnamese nationality;
+ Decision to return to Vietnamese nationality;
+ Certificate of loss of Vietnamese nationality;
+ The Vietnamese passport that has expired the use of (Person has the valid Vietnamese passport is not eligible for Visa Exemption);
+ Identity card (valid or invalid);
+ The latest voter card;
+ Household register;
+ Papers issued by the competent foreign authorities if included in those persons with the original nationality or Vietnamese origin.
- In case there are no papers in clause (d), the applicants may submit one of the following papers:
+ Guarantee of Vietnamese Association of Overseas Vietnamese;
+ Guarantee of Vietnamese citizen. Vietnamese warrantee shall be the person having Vietnamese nationality, with Vietnam passport or the Vietnam people’ s identity card. Enclosed with a photocopy of the Vietnam passport or a Vietnamese identity card.
These two types of guaranty don’ t need to be confirmed or certified.
For foreigners, spouses, children of Vietnamese or Vietnamese citizens:
To apply for visa 5 years to foreigners carrying foreign passports who is spouses, children of Vietnamese citizens or overseas Vietnamese, the dossiers need to be prepared include:
- A declaration: the applicant for visa exemption needs an online declaration and printing.
- Two (02) new photos, 4cmx6cm (or2 inchesx2 inches), white background, straight – face, non – glasses, no hat) 01 photo sticked and 01 photo attached to the declaration.
- Foreign passport: produce (or send), submit 01 copy to save the file. The passport must be at least 12 months, but it should be 5 years for a 5-years visa.
- To show the main (or send), submit 01 copy to save the dossiers of one of the following papers to prove the relationship as the wife, husband and child of the Vietnamese citizen or the overseas Vietnamese:
+ Marriage registration paper,
+ Birth certificate
+ A paternity certificate
+ Other valuable papers in accordance with Vietnamese law;
+ Adoption decision.
Step 2: Submit these papers to competent authorities for granting visa exemption, that is:
- Overseas Vietnamese diplomatic agencies (Embassy and consulate – see contact information here);
- Vietnam immigration department under the ministry of public security (If you’re in Vietnam).
In case you are in Vietnam and there is no time to contact the Vietnam immigration department in order to request visa exemption five years, contact us according to the number +84 9 8852 2908 or email [email protected] to be supported.
Fees for Vietnamese exemption visa 5 years
This fee may vary depending on the unit.
Time for processing applications for application for visa exemption for Vietnam 5 years
Normally, the processing time is 7 days.
My five – year visa is about to expire. Can i apply for a new visa or visa?
Yes, you can apply for re-grant or request visa exemption for the new 5 years in accordance with the process as above.
How can i extend my length of stay in Vietnam for 5 years?
We can support you to extend your residency if you want to stay in Vietnam for 180 days. Send us the (personal information and Visa-free paper), and we’ ll advise.
I want a five – year visa, but my foreign passport is under five years?
In this case, you should apply for a passport again and apply for Vietnam visa exemption. If you’re still using this passport to ask, you may still be granted visa exemption, but this time limit will be shorter than your passport deadline.
Vietnam immigration office
Ask: My wife is Vietnamese and i am in Vietnam with my wife. I’ d like to apply for visa exemption for five years at the immigration department. Tell me the address of the bureau so i can contact.
Answer: Here is the address of the Vietnam immigration department in Hanoi, Da Nang and Ho Chi Minh City:
- Hanoi: 40A Hang Bai
- Da Nang: 7 Tran Quy Cap
- HCMC: 161 Nguyen Du, Ben Thanh, District 1
The bureau’s working time is from 8 AM to 11:00 PM and from 1:30 PM to 4:00 PM from Monday to Friday (except holidays).
In case you don’t have time or don’t want to encounter problems with the immigration department, you can contact us by phone number +84 9 8852 2908 to be supported.